Sunday, September 29, 2013

Danny (Adam Sandler) must engage Katherine (Jennifer Aniston) his faithful assistant to pretend to be his soon to be exwife. Danny must pretend that he is married because he lied to his dream girl Palmer (Brooklyn Decker) the most gorgeous woman in the world. To keep the woman he loves covering up one lie soon turns into many lies.

Review

I have been an Adam Sandler fan for years but have found that he has done many more movies over the past five to ten years than he had great ideas. I thought Funny People was pretty good and also found 50 First Dates and Grown Ups entertaining but have not often fallen in love with his newer movies. I thought this would be just a feel good movie without much substance but it was actually a very good film. The setup is pretty good with a good plot good actorsactresses a great location in Hawaii that makes the film look great and a great soundtrack. I was surprised I liked it so much given how bad a lot of the reviews have been but I think this is not the average movie. The jokes were not as lowbrow as many people have said and this is a step up from some of his last few movies. Adam Sandler is obviously hilarious and is making a fortune with his production company so I think he gets a bad rap for putting out too many lower quality films. In the case of this movie everyone in the audience at the show I went to loved it and stood up clapping. I liked it as well though I didn't clap. Go see it and enjoy! Adrian Meli