Saturday, October 12, 2013

Click Here To Watch The Game (1997)

Nicholas Van Orton is a very wealthy San Francisco banker but he is an absolute loner even spending his birthday alone. In the year of his 48th birthday (the age his father committed suicide) his brother Conrad who has gone long ago and surrendered to addictions of all kinds suddenly returns and gives Nicholas a card giving him entry to unusual entertainment provided by something called Consumer Recreation Services (CRS). Giving up to curiosity Nicholas visits CRS and all kinds of weird and bad things start to happen to him.

Review

I love David Fincher he is definitely one of the greatest directors of all time. "Alien 3" was a dark and brooding visual take on the series and I personally think it was an excellent installment. "Seven" is the best dark thrillerserial killer movie ever made. "Fight Club" is a hilarious and bloody roller coaster ride my personal favorite of Finchers movies. And of course lets not forget "The Game". I had heard really negative things about this movie so I skipped out on the theater experience (I kick myself to this day). I waited until it came to Showtime but even then I loved it. Its an excellent mysterythriller that never really lets up once it starts going. The acting is excellent all around and the scripts got some pretty good dialogue and characters. The main quirk I have with this movie is its believability factor. On your first viewing you wont notice it too much but you begin to notice it more and more with each subsequent viewing. Theres things that just dont make sense things that CRS couldnt possibly have controlled. Its not just good enough to suspend disbelief with this movie you have to sever it completely. Once you do that you should enjoy this movie as I have and continue to do.