Thursday, October 24, 2013

Click Here To Watch Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008)

Professor Trevor Anderson receives his teenager nephew Sean Anderson. He will spend ten days with his uncle while his mother Elizabeth prepares to move to Canada. She gives a box to Trevor that belonged to his missing brother Max and Trevor finds a book with references to the last journey of his brother. He decides to follow the steps of Max with Sean and they travel to Iceland where they meet the guide Hannah sgeirsson. While climbing a mountain there is a thunderstorm and they protect themselves in a cave. However a lightening collapses the entrance and the trio is trapped in the cave. They seek an exit and falls in a hole discovering a lost world in the center of the Earth.

Review

So I just got back from a screening and I thought the movie was OK. Overall it was just the regular adventuremovie. The actors weren't bad but I had seen better performances of them. The story is kind of a standard one. A guy with no close relatives has to watch over a boy and goes on an adventure with him. I'm not gonna spoil the ending but I'm probably not gonna be able to... Now I do have to say that I wasn't bored during the movie it was acted out well enough and it had its thrilling moments. But those things wouldn't be enough to recommend it for though. My main concern was that some scenes were just too obviously made to make the movie adventurous. (like a 'rollercoasterride' in a mine). The only thing I would recommend it for would be the RealD. It's a huge difference with the regular (IMAX)3D. The image is crystal clear and it all looks very realistic and it seemed like some shots were especially made for the 3Deffect (which really made me jump sometimes). So if you're interested in new techniques go see it in 3D it's an interesting experience. The movie itself is just not really worth your money. It's a regular adventuremovie with good SFX but nothing original or special in it.