Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Riddick now a hunted man finds himself in the middle of two opposing forces in a major crusade. Colm Feore plays Lord Marshal a warrior priest who is the leader of a sect that is waging the tenth and perhaps final crusade 500 years in the future. Judi Dench is Aereon an ambassador from the Elemental race. She is an ethereal being who helps Riddick unearth his origins.

Review

I only saw the directors cut but apparently that makes all the difference and so i think the 6.1 rating may not be representative. I never felt like i was lost or something could be better explained.

I was surprised at the depth of the story line almost inspiring me to go read the books (except I dont have the time ) Sure some of the oneliners were corny but Vin Diesels usually similar style actually fits the role of Riddick quite well.

One caveat I went in with low expectations which may have boosted my overall impression. And while there are a few references to Pitch Black I wouldnt call it required viewing to see this movie. They carried over a few relationships but at least gave a bit of background.